Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarships
Applications for the 2018 edition of the Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships are open and will close on 11:59 pm (Australian Eastern Standard time) 30 June 2017. Please see the application page for more information.
The Opportunities it offers
The Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarships provide full financial support for international students to undertake a postgraduate qualification at a Masters (2 years) or PhD (4 years) level either by coursework or research in any field of study in Australia.
To be eligible to receive an Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship, applicants must:
- be aged 18 years or over at the commencement of their programme
- be a citizen and/or permanent resident of a participating country
- commence their proposed programme after 1 January 2018 and no later than 30 November 2018. Applicants who have already commenced or will commence their intended programme prior to 2017 are not eligible to apply
- provide all relevant supporting documentation
- not currently hold or have completed, since 1 January 2015, an Australian Government sponsored scholarship and/or fellowship (directly administered to recipients by the Australian Government)
- not apply for a category in which they have already completed an Endeavour Scholarship or Fellowship.
Americas: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela.
Asia: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, China (People’s Republic), Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea (Republic of Korea – South), Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam.
The Caribbean: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago.
Europe: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (including Reunion), Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom (including Northern Ireland).
Middle East: Afghanistan, Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen.
Pacific: Fiji, French Polynesia, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia (Federated states), Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand* (including Cook Islands, Niue and Tokelau), Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna.
Universities or Higher Educations Institutions in Australia.
Visit the Study in Australia website for a list of accredited institutions that provide higher education to international students.
Field(s) of Study
Masters or PhD level coursework or research in any field of study in Australia
Total award value of Up to $AUD272,500 for PhD and $AUD140,500 for Masters. This will include the following:
- Travel Allowance: $AUD3,000
- Establishment Allowance: $AUD4,000
- Monthly Stipend (up to maximum programme duration, pro-rata basis): $AUD3,000 per month.
- Tuition Fees per semester (for up to 2 years for Masters and 4 years for a PhD): Up to $AUS15,000 per semester. Tuition includes student service and amenities fees.
- Health and travel insurance will also be provided.
Method of Application
All applications are made online at the official website (link to it is below). To be considered for an Endeavour Postgraduate Award, applicants must complete and submit applications using the Endeavour Online Application System; and attach the supporting documentation as listed in the guidelines.
Please download the Endeavour Awards Step by Step Guideline to using the Endeavour Application System to help you with the online application process.
It is important to read through the Endeavour Application Page, and also visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on how to apply for this award.
Applicants undertaking study for a Masters Degree or PhD must provide a confirmation of enrolment or an offer of admission letter from the host university/institution they have applied to. Note that a conditional offer of admission will be accepted.
A letter to potential universities to assist in your application for admission is found at the last page of the Step by Step application guidelines.