Ideologies Hub wishes to notify all pupils in primary and students of secondary schools and accredited tertiary institutions in Nigeria and Oversea,, learners in FCT Agency for Mass Education (AME) Centers of FCT indigenes, that FCT Scholarship Application Forms for 2016/2017 award session are now available.
The FCT Scholarship Scheme has been in existence since 1980s. It has witnessed several transformations from being a Unit under the office of the Head, Department of Education under the office of the Secretary for Education to a Unit known as Education Support Scheme as established in 2006 by the former Minister.
Below are steps on how to apply for FCT Scholarship 2017
How to Apply for FCT Scholarship.
Interested applicants can obtain the application form from:
General Staff Room,
FCT Scholarship Board,
Ayangba Street beside ICRC building,
Area 11, Garki-Abuja.
Time: 10.00am to 3.30pm daily.
Prices for the various categories of the Application Forms are available at the Scholarship Board. All payments should be made at any FCMB Branch through the following Account Number: 1816951011.
Requirements for FCT Scholarship Application
Please, read the instructions carefully before filling the form.
A. Fields with asterisk (*) are compulsory and must be completed fully by the applicant.
B. The FCT Scholarship Award is subject to the following conditions:
- that applicant is eligible to apply (see quick links for eligibility status);
- that you are unconditionally admitted by the institution to which you applied;
- that you are medically certified fit to undertake the course;
- that applicant will avail his/her self to the screening committee; and
- that successful applicant is prepared to accept the conditions set out in the award letter;
C. Applicant should print the filled application form and attach photocopies of the following documents: –
- Copies of Education Certificates
- Birth or Declaration of Age Certificate
- Marriage Certificate (If married)
- Letter of Admission
- Certificate of Indigenization.
- School Identification Card (ID)
- School fees payment receipt.
D. Applicant is expected to present his/her printed application form and the original documents of the photocopies attached in, as in ‘C’ above at the screening date/venue.
Application forms will be issued on presentation of bank tellers.
Eligibility for FCT Scholarship Award
A. General Conditions
- Applicant must be indigene of FCT.
- Applicant must have unconditional admission letter from accredited institution.
- Applicant is eligible if he/she is not enjoying sponsorship from another organization.
- Applicant is eligible if he/she is not on salary
- Applicant must sign a Bond of Post-Training Service with FCTA.
B. Under Graduate Requirements
- Minimum of 5 credits in subjects relevant to the desired course of study including English and Mathematics obtained at two sitting.
- Certificate obtained should not be more than 3 years from date of graduation.
- Age limit of 23 years.
C. Post Graduate Requirements
- First degree should not be lower than Second Class Upper (2.1).
- Evidence of National Youth Service Corps Certificate or Certificate of Exemption.
- Age limit of 35 – 40 years.
D. Courses for Consideration in the Foreign Award for Under Graduate and Post Graduate.
- Medical and Para-medical Sciences.
- Sciences and Technology/ICT.
- Environmental Sciences.
Important Information: commence from Monday 15th May and close on Monday 26th June, 2017.
Application Closing Date: The sale of forms will on Monday 26th June, 2017.
Note: All completed Application Forms should be returned to the General Staff Room, FCT Scholarship Board on or before the above stated closing date.